The following list has been developed to assist you in managing your animal to ensure a wholesome product. While this list can’t cover every situation, it highlights some of the more common mistakes young producers might make. You are responsible to ensure that:
1. All medicated feeds or feed additives were discontinued the required number of days prior to slaughter, as stated on the label.
2. No feed containing mammalian meat and/or bone was fed at any time.
3. Withdrawal times for any medications, wormers, etc. were followed.
4. No product was utilized in raising or exhibiting this animal that was not specifically labeled for use with this species; approved products were only used according to the manufacturer’s label directions.
5. Adequate care and nutrition was provided to the animals, and I will continue to provide adequate care and nutrition until the close of the Fair, Sunday at 5 pm.