July 7, 2020
For Immediate Release
Modifications for the 2020 Latah County Fair.
The Latah County Fair Board is continuing to plan for the Latah County Fair, September 17-20, 2020. The 2020 Fair will not look like prior fairs, as both programing and layouts will be heavily modified to promote social distancing and other safety guidelines as our community continues to deal with COVID-19.
This is a summary of the changes that have been made to date, more changes made be made at future Fair Board meetings, to meet updated safety guidelines.
- There will not be a carnival at the 2020 Fair. The carnival area will be used for exhibitor camper parking
- The Poetry and the Great Outdoors competitive exhibit shows have been canceled
- The exhibit building will have a different layout, and expanded check-in and exhibit pick-up time frames, for static exhibits
- The Commercial Vendor building will have an adjusted layout and fewer booth spaces
- The Latah Railway model train rooms will not be open
- All livestock barns will be closed to the pubic while the animal shows are taking place
- The livestock auction will be held outside, at the west arena area
- Face coverings will be required, for both public and exhibitors, while on the Fairgrounds during the Fair.
The Latah County Fair Board is scheduled to meet again on July 20, 2020.
Additional Information for our Vendors:
As a vendor at our event we ask that you carefully consider what plan you will have in place to assure the safety of you and your staff and the public during the Latah County Fair. This could include but is not limited to such practices of; sneeze shields, no public contact, hand sanitation, masks, and no cash sales. At this time, face coverings will be required of all exhibitors, vendors, patrons, and volunteers while on the Fairgrounds. If other requrements become necessary, the Fair Office will send out updates.
Latah County Fair Board