How YOU can support the 4-H and FFA Youth at the market animal sale:
Purchase / Keep Option: Buyer pays final price per pound times animal weight; take home live or make arrangements with a local packer for slaughter/processing. It is recommended that you contact a packer prior to sale day to make arrangements, however if buyer has not made prior arrangements, LMAS will assist with connecting buyers to select packers with availability. Buyer pays for animal on the day of the sale. All slaughter / processing fees are to be paid directly to the packer.
- Local Packers:
- C&L Lockers: (208) 882-3396 in Moscow
- 4 Frendz: (509) 751-9888 in Clarkston
- Vandal Meats: (208) 885-6727 in Moscow
- Potlatch Pack: (208) 875-1361 in Potlatch
- Garfield Meats: (509) 635-1217 in Garfield (may not be able to take Latah animals)
- Heights Meat Market: (509) 758-5431 in Clarkston (may not be able to take Latah animals)
Turn (Re-Sale) Option: Buyer selects to re-sale (turn back to the committee) the animal at a pre-determined "floor price". Buyer will pay the difference between final auction price and the value of the "floor price". The buyer DOES NOT take ownership of the animal or receive any meat. Buyer pays day of the sale.
Add-On Support: An individual, who is registered as a buyer, also has the option to donate a specified dollar amount, directly to any participant in the sale. Payment accepted day of sale, or within 7 days after the sale. Add-On Support can be done as follows:
- Using the online Add-On Platform
- Day of sale, in person at the sale office, in front of the auction barn
- By mail/email up to 7 days after the close of the sale
Sale Sponsorship: A individual or business that donates directly to the LMAS committee, to help offset the production costs of the livestock auction. If you are interested in sale sponsorship, please contact a committee member or look for the PDF Sponsorship form below.