How YOU can support the 4-H and FFA Youth at the market animal sale:
Purchase / Keep Option: Buyer pays final price per pound times animal weight; take home live or make arrangements with a local packer for slaughter/processing. It is recommended that you contact a packer prior to sale day to make arrangements, however if buyer has not made prior arrangements, LMAS will assist with connecting buyers to select packers with availability. Buyer pays for animal on the day of the sale. All slaughter / processing fees are to be paid directly to the packer.
- Local Packers:
- C&L Lockers: (208) 882-3396 in Moscow
- 4 Frendz: (509) 751-9888 in Clarkston
- Vandal Meats: (208) 885-6727 in Moscow
- Potlatch Pack: (208) 875-1361 in Potlatch
- Garfield Meats: (509) 635-1217 in Garfield (may not be able to take Latah animals)
- Heights Meat Market: (509) 758-5431 in Clarkston (may not be able to take Latah animals)
Turn (Re-Sale) Option: Buyer selects to re-sale (turn back to the committee) the animal at a pre-determined "floor price". Buyer will pay the difference between final auction price and the value of the "floor price". The buyer DOES NOT take ownership of the animal or receive any meat. Buyer pays day of the sale.
Add-On Support: An individual, who is registered as a buyer, also has the option to donate a specified dollar amount, directly to any participant in the sale. Payment accepted day of sale, or within 7 days after the sale. Add-On Support can be done as follows:
- Using the online Add-On Platform
- Day of sale, in person at the sale office, in front of the auction barn
- By mail/email up to 7 days after the close of the sale
Sale Sponsorship: A individual or business that donates directly to the LMAS committee, to help offset the production costs of the livestock auction. If you are interested in sale sponsorship, please contact a committee member or look for the PDF Sponsorship form below.
Buyer Registration Now Open
Visit the link below to:
- Register as a Buyer
- View the Preview Sale Catalog
- Official Sale Order posted Sept. 17th
- Contribute Add On support to Exhibitors (Open Sept. 17th - Sept. 25th)
NOTE: Register a CELLPHONE number only (required for Security Code retrieval at login)
- Select Log In at the top right corner of the screen.
- Search for your name in the drop-down list
Name does not appear? Select ‘New Buyer? Register Here’
Name appears in drop-down menu?
successful registration your name should now display in the ‘Select Buyer’
security code will be texted to your cell phone
- Request Security Code be texted to your cell phone
- Enter code in the box below your name to gain access into the auction site.
- This code is your password for the auction
- Sign In
*** If you did not update your contact information to include a cell phone number and therefore do not receive your security code, please call the Livestock Committee at 208-669-0095 for code retrieval***
Navigating the Auction
- Use the filter options to help in your search for specific exhibitors, clubs, species, etc.
- Select the Lot (Exhibitor)
- AddOn button is located at the bottom of screen
- Enter Contribution amount and select Add
- Use top left back arrow near Showorks logo to go back
- Online payment is available and appreciated
- Select Checkout button at top of screen
- Review your cart
- Follow payment prompts