LATAH FAIRGROUNDS RECEIVES $100,000 AGWEST FARM CREDIT GRANT
Funds to be used for Fairgrounds and Livestock Facility Improvements
The Latah County Fairgrounds has been awarded $100,000.00 for fairgrounds enhancements as part of AgWest Farm Credit’s Local Advisory Committee (LAC) Guided Stewardship Funds program.
These funds will be used for:
- Installation of a cement floor in the Rabbit/Poultry/Goat Barn
- New fencing and arena in the Show/Sale Barn for the swine show, livestock auction, and Small Animal Round Robin
- New alleyways to connect the Show/Sale Barn and the Swine Barn
- New fences for the large livestock show arena and holding area
- New “traffic patterns” for moving animals between barns and arenas
- New market turkey pens
The new panel and gate systems will all be uniform, interchangeable, and portable so they will greatly expand the ability of the Fairgrounds to host more livestock based events and provide a better and easier experience for the 4-H and FFA youth during Fair, and other patrons of the Fairgrounds during the year.
These funds are part of a large donation granted to 40 organizations across the AgWest territory. As a cooperative, AgWest’s purpose is to champion agriculture by serving as the most trusted resource, helping their customers, employees and communities thrive. In pursuit of this purpose, stewardship investments are made in a variety of ways to support rural communities. This investment of resources is guided by LAC members, who serve as a liaison between AgWest and their customers and communities.
The new materials are scheduled to be in place for the 2023 Latah County Fair “Plaid & Pearls on the Palouse”, September 14-17, 2023.